ELEVEN THINGS YOU CAN
DO TO INCREASE
CONVERSION RATES AND SALES
1. Create an emotional connection. Use live WebPeople by TOTUS to really connect with your prospects. Wouldn’t you rather buy from someone you know? Your customers feel the same way. WebPeople by TOTUS increase sales because there is a human connection.
2. Use the latest Technology. It is inexpensive and a real value. It will pay for itself quickly and many times over. WebPeople by TOTUS is the latest technology. Get sound and motion pictures working for you. Break the silence! Watched any silent movies lately?
3. Simplify the message. Reduce text that no one reads. Clarify your message. Get your message across – Connect! Adhere to the 5-word rule.
4. Create a Hook. Stop the prospect from clicking (driving) right by your website.
5. Create Urgency. Now or Never!
6. Give Your Prospect a Chance to Buy.
7. Don’t frustrate your buyers. When you frustrate them you lose them. Your order is one click away from death at all times!
8. Collect the Order Information and Perform.
9. Did you give your buyers a reason to return? During Your Performance Give Buyers a Reason to Buy Again. Present other offerings with a coupon or other hook. GET REFERRALS!
10. Don’t leave your customer hanging! Have a Log Out or Sign Out Area After an Order Has Been Placed.
11. Stay In Touch. Sometimes its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Use Auto-Responder emails with delayed response dates to help you stay in touch.
1. Create an emotional connection. Use live WebPeople by TOTUS to really connect with your prospects. Wouldn’t your rather buy from someone you know? Your customers feel the same way. WebPeople by TOTUS increase sales because there is a human connection.
An emotional connection creates the –“I know you factor” and feel comfortable with you factor. This can be the single most important underlying factor to get a customer to buy your product or service. It is often the difference between you or your competition getting the order.
WebPeople by TOTUS – Real live people on the web, performing a carefully, professionally created script create the I know you and I like you feeling.
2. Use the latest Technology. It is inexpensive and a real value. It will pay for itself quickly and many times over. WebPeople by TOTUS are the latest technology. Get sound and motion pictures working for you. Break the silence! Watched any silent movies lately?
3. Simplify the message. Reduce text that no one reads. Clarify your message. Get your message across – Connect!
Adhere to the 5-word rule. This rule applies to billboards along the side of the road and to websites. The common element here is customers in a hurry. No more than 5 words can be used on a billboard if the advertiser wants to get the message across because you are driving too fast. The same holds true for your website. Keep it very short and simple.
Most websites are very poorly designed. As you surf the Internet look at all of that small text that you skip over and don’t read. That all detracts from getting the message across. Use a few big text words. Use live WebPeople by TOTUS to get you message across – Connect! If you don’t get your message across – you aren’t going to be selling the customer.
4. Create a Hook. MAKE THEM AN OFFER THEY CAN’T REFUSE! People fly fast through the Internet today because they are busy and don’t have time to fool around. They will fly right by your website unless you STOP YOUR PROSPECTS IN THEIR TRACKS. We stopped you with this offer. It captured your interest. We captured your contact information. We presented information that gets you thinking about the superior benefits of our service.
5. Create Urgency. Understand ITS NOW OR NEVER! Make an offer that makes the customer act now!
6. Give your prospect a chance to buy – MAKE SHOPPING EASY
Present other offerings of interest. Make customers easily aware of specials and other popular offerings. Make it easy for the customer to call you on the phone by showing your main incoming number in large numbers easily readable on every page.
7. DON’T FRUSTRATE YOUR CUSTOMER! Take the customer to your order page in a logical expected way without confusing or irritating him. Once a buyer has given you his order make it easy for him to pay and leave in the shortest time. Don’t throw junk at them or confuse them or upset them. Remember they are one click away from canceling their order or not placing it in the first place.
8. Collect the Order Info, Communicate & Perform. Did you thank the customer for the order? Did you set the customer’s perception or expectation for what to expect. i.e. If your order will be shipped within 24 hours and it should take 5 days to be delivered let the buyer know what to expect. Give the customer a confirmation number and send it to the customers email address with a thank you note. Have a Log Out or Sign Out Area After an Order Has Been Placed. Let the customer leave your site in a friendly way, knowing his order is in.
9. Did you give your buyers a reason to return? i.e. a 25% discount on the next order. Also don’t make the customer sign in with a user name or password. That is a barrier to entry. Make Shopping Easy. There are so many places requiring a user name and password that you need a data base to keep track of all of them. When your customer can’t find his user name and password he orders from your competitor that doesn’t make him mess around with one. Stay in touch by email, but not too often. Present real specials to entice the customer back to do business with you again. People are creatures of habit and you want to establish a buying pattern so you become their go to vendor.
10. Don’t leave your customer hanging! After a customer has given you his order and you have confirmed it give him 2 choices; 1.Continue shopping with you and 2.Sign out or log out which closes the browser, or brings the customer back to where he was before he came to you. Don’t leave your customer hanging!
11. Stay in Touch. Stay in touch with your customers. You never know when they are going to order. Often just being there at the right time will get you the business. Use Auto-Responder emails with delayed response dates to help you stay in touch.
With WebPeople by TOTUS you have hundreds of actors/sales people to choose from or you can do it yourself. We have studios available all over the United States. WebPeople by TOTUS is much like turning your ecommerce or informational website into the modern day television. Have you ever been watching your favorite game on ESPN and suddenly an actor come walking out onto the bottom of the screen, gives a wave and walks off. For immediate information on WebPeople by TOTUS please give us a call for a demo. 210-627-1012 or email info [at] totus.us.